The Australian Computer Museum Society was established in 1994.
We are a charity formed with a members society. We store, restore and exhibit not only computers, but documentation, software, artwork, history, peripherals and much more. We explore the people and organisations behind them with a focus on how they relate to Australia and/or the advancement of technology in general.
Our major initiatives are to;
• Record the histories of people and organisations that pioneered, used and developed technologies
• Restore items in the collection
• Carry out charitable efforts including education and support mental health and wellbeing
• Display and educate about the history and art of information technology, and how it effects many aspects of our daily lives.
• Catalogue our collection for interactive and collaborative reasons.
Join myself and incredibly dynamic group of individuals from all walks of life at the ACMS who are passionate about vintage technology, systems, communications, data, history and people.
I hope to see you soon.
Our Executive Team
Task Manager & Logs
Roy Edmund Antaw
The featured individuals are recognised for their major contributions to the organisation financially or in a means recognised by the organisation. Please note, this listing is currently being reasearched and developed. Please reach out to the Vice President to nominate any individual or organisation.
Hall of Heroes
These people are no longer with us. Both were presidents who were crucial in the formation, funding, and longevity of the ACMS.